These questions probably sound a little crazy, but it really isn’t a laughing matter. You might have read similar stories on newspapers pages, watched them in movies or listen to them from people, but you could only feel the pain when experienced. Some times we doubt if it could ever happen. Your husband or your man sleeps with his wife or girlfriend’s younger sister?
For me if that happened, it would mean there’s nothing impossible on earth anymore. Amidst various crimes in the world, ranging from incest, rape, murder which are seen as heinous crimes, it is a pity we have failed to look into situations where happy homes are battling with marital challenges.
Unfaithfulness, like we know, is deeply rooted in many homes today and happy homes have gone sour. How would you handle your home when your younger sister has an affair with your husband or boyfriend? What if your sister’s indiscretion got her pregnant?
First, if my sister ended up pregnant, I would attempt to find out what my sister was going to do about the pregnancy. I would ask my sister whether she would like to keep it or abort it. There after I would investigate to try to find out who really was at fault, whether it was a deliberate act by my sister. If it turns out it was my sister’s fault, I’ll not be happy with her and would not have the kind of relationship we used to have together anymore. But if it was my husband’s deliberate act, forcing my sister to bed, I will forgive my sister but not the man. It would take some time for me to consider my husband’s plea if he pleads, because who knows whose turn it could be next.
If my sister decided to have the baby, it maybe it would mean I will no longer remain a wife to the man in question, provided there’s no child in between us. But if I have a child for him and I found out he forced my sister; I’ll forgive her but the relationship between my husband and I would never be what it used to be.
I should say that my reaction and what I did in such a situation would definitely depend on the relationship between my man and me. For that to have happened, I may see that the best thing to do would be to give them some space for a while. Certainly, I would want the pregnancy to be terminated, although I can’t force my sister to terminate the pregnancy; but I really don’t feel that I could forgive them.
Both my husband and my sister are related to me; my sister is related to me by blood while my husband by marriage. I don’t believe in abortions unless it is a result of rape or incest. The Bible does condemn abortion.
What should I do? What would you do? Throw the baby away with the bathing water? No, I couldn’t do that because I would be the one to loose at the end, if I fail to handle the situation with wisdom. The love between my husband and me would never be the same again, never! Even if I managed to forgive her, which is possible, but I will never be able to forget it. This would be an absurd and immoral thing. I would not take it lightly with either my husband or my sister. The deed has been done, what other remedy is there? For my husband to have gone that far, I would be so ashamed and humiliated. Abortion is a sin; will I watch the pregnancy to be delivered? What would my neighbors say of me?
Religiously this situation is disgusting; morally it is bad and shameful. But for such to happen, it could mean that both my sister and my husband are suffering from spiritual, mental and emotional problems or under demonic influence. I would believe that he is out of his mind.In the early years in the Bible, those people who practiced it were stoned to death. Today, I think some people no longer see it as taboo. Some believe it is just okay and that you can’t help whom you fall in love with. Still, there are some people who believe that there should be heavy punishment placed on such act and that it should be placed on both the man and the impregnated woman. Some would kill the people involved in this act while others see it as a shame to the family members and their lineage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment